Yesterday Julia told you about the Technical Evangelist we’re looking to hire, today I want to mention one of the other positions that I already blogged about before, but with more details! Only because this is such a crucial role here at Oxygen – the Systems Admin person who will help keep Oxygen up and running 24×7! :)
If you want to be an essential player of the Oxygen Team and help us deploy world class software …
If you are used to and enjoys the challenges of being “the guy” for maintaining system uptime 24×7 …
If you are interested to solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability using cutting edge technology …
and If you are simply a “doer”, “problem solver”, with the “lets get it done attitude” …
This is the perfect role for you!
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Oxygen’s server infrastructure to ensure smooth 24×7 operation
- Contribute to the high-level system design and capacity planning across development, staging and production environments.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Managers to ensure proper and timely deployment of software
- Use cutting edge methods and technology to identify and solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability
- Develop, implement, and continually improve upon security best practice processes and procedures
- Develop prototypes and evaluations of new infrastructure builds in preparation for deployment.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve upon network monitoring and alerting. Report on network uptime metrics to management.
- Write change log, change control forms and knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and contribute to IT organization.
- 2-5 years of system administrator or technical operations experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux system administration practices and troubleshooting.
- Experience with the one or more of the following: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Ruby, MySQL, LDAP/AD, DNS/BIND, SSO, SMTP, NFS, AWS (EC2, RDS, SES, R53, S3)
- Experience deploying Java, Ruby, and PHP web applications
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required
- Knowledge of SSL technologies a plus
- Understanding of MySQL performance characteristics and scaling options a plus
- Knowledge of proper scalable architecture design and implementation a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot errors from Tomcat stack traces a plus
- Strong passion for Cloud storage and Cloud computing technologies a plus
You can also find the job posting on our careers page at www.oxygencloud.com/careers. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com, and put “Systems Admin” in your email subject. We are looking forward to seeing your stellar resumes!
- Robert Lin, Product Manager
Follow me on Twitter – @lin_robert